Gamers are treated to thousands of shooter games, driving games, social interaction games and strategy games when they pick up their PlayStation or Xbox game controllers. Finding a nice gambling game for real money is much harder however. And that’s rather odd, because games such as cash blackjack do require a lot of strategy in order to be to be successful. So, why are gambling games avoided in video game formats?
- 1100% Bonus Up To 5BTC Welcome Package! T&Cs;' Apply - 18+ Payout Ratio: 98.623%Microgaming, NetEnt, Evolution Gaming, BetSoft, Play'n GO & Man
- 2100% Bonus Up To 800£ Big Welcome Package. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 98.12%Microgaming
- 3100% Bonus Up To 1,000€ Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 97.12%NetEnt, Evolution Gaming, Amaya
- 4100% Bonus Up To 600£ Three Matched Deposit Bonuses. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 97.29%Microgaming
- 5100% Bonus Up To 1,000£ Free Cash & 200 Spins. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 97.88%Microgaming, NetEnt, Evolution Gaming
- 6100% Bonus Up To 200£ Matched Deposit Bonus + Free Spins. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 96.98%Microgaming, NetEnt, Nyx Interactive, Play'n GO, Quickspin
- 7100% Bonus Up To 500€ T&Cs; Apply - 18+ Payout Ratio: 97.82%Microgaming
- 8100% Bonus Up To 1,000$ +50 Free Spins And Free Cash. Ts And Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 97.23%Microgaming, NetEnt, Evolution Gaming
- 9100% Bonus Up To 250£ T&Cs; Apply - 18+ Payout Ratio: 97.76%Microgaming, NetEnt
- 10100% Bonus Up To 250£ Welcome Package! T&Cs; Apply - 18+ Payout Ratio: 98.765%Microgaming
Intended Target Customer
One of the most logical reasons why PlayStation and Xbox don't offer video games with a gambling theme is because video game providers consider teenagers its primary target audience. Most kids between the ages of 12-18 do play video games, but have only had limited if any exposure to craps for cash and blackjack and that creates doubt as to whether or not kids have an interest in those types of games. It comes down to dollars and cents.
Gambling Without Risk
One of the great attractions to gambling is the ability to win cash prizes. If video games with gambling themes were put on the market, they would be played "just for fun" which completely changes the face of each gambling game and the way it is supposed to be played. When gambling, strategy is often dictated by risk/reward calculations. Without the risk of one's personal assets, the player would simply make decisions based on random hope.
The Psychology of Winning
Regardless of strategy, gambling games for real money like roulette, craps, baccarat and blackjack are still games of chance. The games were designed to give the host a statistical advantage. Video gamers play games because they believe they can succeed at achieving victory over each game's objectives. With gambling games, they are designed so the player will lose on a consistent basis. There is no way to entice teenagers to play a game they can't win.
Action, Action, Action
Video gamers live for the fast-paced action of their favorite games. They love decision making while on the move. They enjoy the multi-tasking that is required as they go from one level to the next. Players can't get that level of participation playing blackjack. Without the "juice" gamers get from their games, they are just not going to stay interested in playing.