Since time immemorial, gamblers have argued over what is the best sport to make money on. Traditionalists will argue it’s the ‘Sport of Kings’, horse racing. The more modern punter will tell you though you can’t beat the ‘Beautiful Game’ of football to line your pockets. Naturally, there are dozens of others in the mix which raises the tantalising question – what is the best sport to bet on?
Play at the best sites for your game of choice:
- 1100% Bonus Up To 5BTC Welcome Package! T&Cs; Apply - 18+ Payout Ratio: 97.6%Microgaming, NetEnt, Evolution Gaming, BetSoft, Play'n GO & Man
- 2100% Bonus Up To 500€ Big Welcome Package. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 97%Playtech, BetSoft
- 3100% Bonus Up To 1,000£ T&Cs; Apply - 18+Microgaming
- 4100% Bonus Up To 250£ Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 95.3%Playtech, Microgaming, Evolution Gaming, Nyx, BetSoft
- 5100% Bonus Up To 550£ Welcome Package! T&Cs; Apply - 18+ Payout Ratio: 96.8%Microgaming, Quickspin, NetEnt
- 6100% Bonus Up To 500£ +150 Bonus Spins | T&Cs; Apply - 18+IGT (WagerWorks)
- 7100% Bonus Up To 1,000€ Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 97.12%NetEnt, Evolution Gaming, Amaya
- 8100% Bonus Up To 1,000£ Free Cash & 200 Spins. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 97.88%Microgaming, NetEnt, Evolution Gaming
- 9100% Bonus Up To 800£ Big Welcome Package. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 98.12%Microgaming
- 10100% Bonus Up To 600£ Three Matched Deposit Bonuses. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 97.29%Microgaming
The simple answer is, it’s the game you know best. This may seem like an obvious answer but over 90% of bets on the Grand National are made by people who know nothing about horse racing. The majority of football punts are made by fans simply supporting their home team, cricket/tennis bettors often rely on patriotic/county pride rather than real knowledge to win cash. Which is a shame. Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing bad about supporting your side even, literally, putting your money where your mouth is. We all know a little action makes the game far more interesting. However, us sports bettors have a distinct advantage over casino games like roulette and blackjack. While it is certainly possible to improve your odds playing say roulette, through proper strategy, it is still luck dependant.
Gambling on sports though, with the proper research, drastically cuts down the need for it to be your lucky night.
Admittedly, this makes it sound like you’ll be in a library pouring over dry dusty tomes but the truth is the research can actually be pretty fun. Not only do you get to watch countless hours of your favourite sport, and call it ‘work,’ but you also get to understand the game at a deeper level.
In the case of football, for example,the smart gambler knows about tactics. They know, before the game even starts, both teams past performance and which of their star players are out of action. Unfortunately, the bookie will have done their homework as well, and adjusted the odds accordingly, but this information still makes you several times more likely to be quids in than without it.
Naturally, it’s not just football this refers to, the same is true of tennis or cricket. In the case of horse racing knowing the performance of the horses in previous races is of paramount importance and no serious bettor should make a play without knowing the ground conditions.
Luckily for you, the internet has made this process much easier than it was in yester year. Back then you would need a years’ worth of newspaper clippings to have the knowledge that is at your fingertips right now.
Two good places to check out , provide detailed analysis on pretty much any sport you can imagine, as well as giving some very helpful hints and tips.
In short, if you want to be making money rather than throwing it away now is the time to school yourself and learn how to beat the game.
If you are less into sports, and more into traditional casino games like we mentioned above, try some of the games below, who knows? maybe you'll find your next game to bet on other than Sports: