The American Roulette Wheel
There are many derivatives of Roulette, but they all came out of the womb of the same basic game. A game where there are 36 black and red numbers and a single green coloured zero. Or that’s what most people are predisposed to think, but in fact it’s not true.
Try real roulette sites below and see if you know your roulette:
- 1100% Bonus Up To 5BTC Or 500 Euros - Welcome Package! T&Cs;' Apply - 18+ Payout Ratio: 98.623%Microgaming, NetEnt, Evolution Gaming, BetSoft, Play'n GO & Man
- 2100% Bonus Up To 1,000€ T&Cs; Apply - 18+ Payout Ratio: 98.45%Microgaming, NetEnt, Betsoft, Aristocrat
- 3100% Bonus Up To 200€ Welcome Bonus + 50 Free Spins!, T &C Apply, 18+ Payout Ratio: 97.89%Microgaming, NetEnt, NextGen, ELK
- 4100% Bonus Up To 1,000€ Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 97.12%NetEnt, Evolution Gaming, Amaya
- 5100% Bonus Up To 500€ Choose Bonus Or Cashback. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 96.2%Playtech
- 6100% Bonus Up To 100€ High Roller Perks. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 96.2%Playtech
- 7100% Bonus Up To 550£ Welcome Package! T&Cs; Apply - 18+ Payout Ratio: 96.8%Microgaming, Quickspin, NetEnt
- 8100% Bonus Up To 1,000€ T&Cs; Apply - 18+ Payout Ratio: 98.79%Microgaming
- 9100% Bonus Up To 500€ Matched Deposit Bonus. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 96%Microgaming
- 10150% Bonus Up To 200$ Up To $200. 1.5X Bonus. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 97.65%Microgaming
In roulette bets, The house edge for a European Roulette table is 2.7% and 5.26% for its counterpart from over the pond. It is this house edge that has caused most punters to believe the European Roulette wheel came first, and was then quickly followed by the American version, once the house realised it needed to pull more money from the pockets of its consumers. In fact, the reverse is actually true.
The American Roulette wheel, resplendent with its double zero, was the first type of Roulette Wheel, and not the European version. Francois and Louis Blanc, as a way of attracting more people into their casino, designed the latter, and it is believed that the removal of the double zero actually created one of the most profitable casinos in the world. Now that’s food for thought.
Some gaming historians also believe that American tradesmen came to the U.K in the 1960s to do work with the Catholic Church on running bingo style games after changes in the gambling laws. This is how the American double zero design was introduced to the U.K and the rest of Europe. The American version was much smaller and only operated by one croupier as opposed to anywhere up to eight on the double ended French versions. The smaller Roulette Wheels were designed to fit into the smaller bars and saloons during the Gold Rush in the United States.