Although it’s not very well known outside of Australia, this is one of the biggest payment providers Down Under, and one that is used by millions of people very year. POLi, or POLiPayments to give it is full name, is a quick, safe and easy way of transferring money and in this guide we’ll look at ways that you can use POLi to gamble online.
The Best Online Casinos Accepting POLi Payments
- 1100% Bonus Up To 5BTC Welcome Package! T&Cs; Apply - 18+ Payout Ratio: 97.6%Microgaming, NetEnt, Evolution Gaming, BetSoft, Play'n GO & Man
- 2100% Bonus Up To 1,000£ T&Cs; Apply - 18+Microgaming
- 3100% Bonus Up To 250£ Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 95.3%Playtech, Microgaming, Evolution Gaming, Nyx, BetSoft
- 4100% Bonus Up To 550£ Welcome Package! T&Cs; Apply - 18+ Payout Ratio: 96.8%Microgaming, Quickspin, NetEnt
- 5100% Bonus Up To 500£ +150 Bonus Spins | T&Cs; Apply - 18+IGT (WagerWorks)
- 6100% Bonus Up To 500€ Big Welcome Package. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 97%Playtech, BetSoft
- 7100% Bonus Up To 1,000£ Free Cash & 200 Spins. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 97.88%Microgaming, NetEnt, Evolution Gaming
- 8100% Bonus Up To 800£ Big Welcome Package. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 98.12%Microgaming
- 9100% Bonus Up To 600£ Three Matched Deposit Bonuses. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 97.29%Microgaming
- 10100% Bonus Up To 500€ T&Cs; Apply - 18+ Payout Ratio: 97.82%Microgaming
What is POLi?
Owned by the Australia Post, and popular across Australia and New Zealand, POLi is a payment service that connects to your online banking provider. It can be used to shop, to send money and to gamble, and it is quick, easy and safe. There are similar services available in the rest of the world, but none of them have achieved the same sort of popularity and respect that POLi has achieved in Australia, so it’s hard to compare it to anything.
The Best POLi Casinos
POLi casinos are surprisingly easy to find. Most online casinos are based outside of Australia because there are strict regulations that keep them from being based within the country. Despite this, and despite the fact that POLi is only used in that region, it is still a payment option that you can find on the majority of online casinos.
These casinos tend to offer a wealth of other payment options, including POLi, simply because they know how popular it is Down Under and because they know that gambling is also hugely popular in Australia. In fact, Australians gamble more than any other nationality, spending almost twice as much as the average gambler in Europe and the United States, so the big casino brands would be being careless if they didn't cater for them.
Our list of the best casinos out there includes a great number of casinos that use this payment method, as well as many other methods. This list should make finding a good casino much easier, so if you’re looking to signup with a new provider, then click here to see that list.
POLi Casino Bonuses
Whether or not POLi is available on an online casino will not affect the bonuses that those casinos offer. In most cases, you should be able to scoop a sizable bonus by using POLi, and if that is not the case, then think twice, because you’re probably missing out. As we have said many times before on this site, casinos will do what they can to get you to signup. This means throwing all kinds of bonuses at you, and as a player there has never been a better time to take advantage of these.
Of course, this only applies where there is fierce competition and where the casinos need to convince you that they are a better bet than their competitors. This is why big bonuses are rarely available on casinos that accept US players, because they are few and far between. But with POLi, only Australian players can use it, and because Australians gamble more than anyone else, online casinos tend to covet them. As an Aussie gambler depositing with POLi, you are a golden goose in the eyes of an online casino, so make sure that you secure a sizable bonus and that you take everything they are throwing at you.
If you’re not sure what bonuses are the best, and what the many different types of bonus can do for you, then you can read our guide on the subject here. This covers everything you ever needed to know about online casino bonuses.
Why Use POLi?
If you live in Australia then there is a good chance that you already use POLi or that you have used it in the past. If so, then it’s simply a case of adding online casinos to the list of places where you use this service, limiting the number of payment services that you use and the number of accounts that you have linked your financial details to.
If you only use Paypal for your casino needs, Skrill, Credit or Debit Card, or just Bitcoin as your preferred casino option, and you do not use POLi already, then you should definitely consider it. POLi is popular for a reason. It is very easy and convenient, and providing you have an internet banking account, then you already have all that you need to use it and to get the most out of it.
5 Tips for Using POLi
- Bank Online:You need to be banking online to use this provider. In this day and age, there is no excuse not to do this, so if you have yet to signup, then now is a good time.
- Sync-up:This payment provider works with any device, which means that you can use it on your desktop, your tablet and your smartphone. So, be sure to sync-up all of your devices so that you’re ready to send, receive and check wherever you are and whatever you’re using.
- Ask Customer Support: POLi have great customer service and are always willing to lend a helping hand if you get stuck. Just drop them an email or give them a call and they will be able to guide you if you encounter a problem.
- Get Bonuses: As we have already discussed, Aussie gamblers are a prize asset for online casinos, so make sure you are picking up a big bonus whenever you make your first POLi deposit. If that particular casino doesn’t have one, then shop around, because another one will.
- Play Around: You don’t have to stick with POLi for all deposits and withdrawals, so feel free to deposit with this and withdraw with another, or vice versa. Providing you put your initial deposit amount back into your first deposit method, then you should be free to put the rest where you want.
The Best POLi Compatible Games
You can use POLi to play all types of real money casino games, essentially anything that you can see in the casino. There are no restrictions in that regard, and it will work just like any other payment provider.
However, if you have a gambling addiction, or you have any concerns about your gambling, then you should probably avoid the games that trigger your issues the most. That’s because POLi connects to your bank account, and if you’re a gambling addict, then that can be a very bad thing. All it takes is one losing streak and then you’re dipping into your bank account again, making bigger bets and taking bigger risks. This is a very dangerous path, so tread very carefully and try to avoid the high risk games.
How to Deposit and Withdraw Using POLi
It works just like any other method does, and in most cases it is actually easier. There is no need to signup, no need to remember a username or a password, and there is certainly no need to keep logging into your account when making a transaction. All you need to do is select the “POLi” option when choosing to make a deposit, and from there you will be able to fund your gambling account from your bank account.
This is a very safe way of doing things and at no point will your bank account details be exposed. To learn more about deposit and withdrawals, including the many options that are available to you and the ways that you can use these, then click onto our guide on the subject here.
FAQs About POLi Casinos
Can I Use POLi in the US?
POLi is only available in Australia and New Zealand and may expand to nearby countries. It is not available in the United States. Casinos that accept this payment option as a means of depositing and withdrawing may be available in the United States, but if so, US players will need to choose an alternative method.
Is POLi Available Everywhere?
POLi is only available in a handful of countries, including Australia, where gambling is at its most popular. In fact, the online gambling industry has done a lot for the popularity of POLi, but it is equally as popular for online shopping.
Do POLi Charge Any Fees?
There are no fees charged when you make a purchase or a deposit using POLi, which makes it one of the few free payment providers out there. This obviously plays a role in POLi’s popularity, but it’s not all about the fees and overall POLi has a lot of features that you simply can’t find anywhere else.
Is POLi Better Than Other Payment Providers?
It is usually a matter of preference, but in this case, POLi has a lot of benefits that you simply won’t get from many other services. When you compare it to web wallets like PayPal and Skrill, for instance, you have something that is just as easy to use, is just as accessible and can be used on just as many devices, but without any of the fees that these services charge. When you compare it to debit cards and bank transfers, you have something that is also connected to your bank account and something that is therefore very convenient, but at the same time, POLi creates a separation between your purchase and your account, which in turn means it is much safer.
All in all, POLiPayments is one of the most useful payment providers we have come across, and this is why it has taken off in Australia, becoming more popular than many other methods. The only negative is that it isn’t available elsewhere.
What Are the Upsides to Using POLi?
- Free: It is one of the few payment providers that you can use for free. Unlike a number of web wallets, there are no fees charged at anytime.
- No Cards Needed: You do not need a debit card or a credit card to use POLi, which means that a greater percentage of people can use it.
- No Sign-up: You do not need to signup for an account, remember a password or login every time you want to make a payment with POLi, and it works in a unique and highly convenient way.
- Secure: This is one of the most secure ways to pay online. Not only are you not storing your financial details anywhere, but you are also guaranteed secure access when making a transaction.
- Accepted Everywhere: In Australia, there are few retailers that do not accept POLi, which makes it as widely available as PayPal is in other countries.
What Are the Downsides to Using POLi?
- Availability: We have researched a lot into this payment provider and we have also used it ourselves. In all of that time, we can not find a single negative, because POLi seems to have it all. However, the fact that it is only available in Australia and New Zealand is certainly a disadvantage, as it means that gamblers and shoppers in other countries are not able to take advantage of it.
Are POLi Casinos Safe?
POLi itself is a very safe way of sending and receiving money, and even the person you are ending money to will not have access to your details or your account balance. What’s more, none of your sensitive information is passed across or stored during a transaction, and the only thing that the recipient will receive is the amount of money that you want them to receive. In exchange, you will get a receipt which provides proof of payment.
To verify the security of the casino that uses this service, you should check digital certificates, auditing information and regulating information. This should all be available in plain sight, and casinos are typically more than happy to show their users this information. If it is not visible, then you should be very suspicious. And even if it is, you should always look into it and never just take it on face value.
It’s a shame that POLiPayments isn’t available in other countries, because we are convinced that it would grow to be as popular there as it is in Australia. There is nothing not to like about this service. Not only can you use it anywhere, but it is safe, it is secure, it is easy and, perhaps most importantly, it is free.
POLi is perfectly suited to the online gambling environment, giving players a quick, easy and free way of making deposits and withdrawals, and a huge number of casinos accept it. Simply put, if a casino accepts players from Australia and/or New Zealand, then you can rest assure that it will offer POLi as a payment option.