Baccarat is a card game unlike any other. Baccarat requires a little knowledge, a little understanding, and a lot of luck. There are actually many different forms of this card game, but the one that relies the most on luck, Punto Banco, is also the one that is played the most.
Online baccarat sites for real money
- 1100% Bonus Up To 500€ +100 Free Spins | T&Cs; Apply - 18+ Payout Ratio: 97%Microgaming, NetEnt, Cryptologic, 1x2 Gaming, NextGen
- 2100% Bonus Up To 100£ Matched Deposit And Free Spins Payout Ratio: 96%Playtech, Microgaming, NetEnt, Novomatic
- 3100% Bonus Up To 1,000€ T&Cs; Apply - 18+Microgaming, NetEnt
- 4100% Bonus Up To 1,000€ T&Cs; Apply - 18+Microgaming
- 5100% Bonus Up To 500€ T&Cs; Apply - 18+ Payout Ratio: 97%Microgaming, NetEnt, Evolution Gaming, BetSoft, Play'n GO & Man
- 6100% Bonus Up To 500£ +100 Bonus Spins | T&Cs; Apply - 18+IGT (WagerWorks)
- 7100% Bonus Up To 1,200€ Massive Bonus + Free Spins. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 97%Microgaming
- 8100% Bonus Up To 500£ Welcome Bonus: Cash & Spins. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 96%Microgaming, NetEnt, World Match, Nyx Interactive, Evolution Ga
- 9100% Bonus Up To 1BTC T&Cs; Apply - 18+Microgaming, NetEnt, Evolution Gaming, BetSoft, Play'n GO
- 10100% Bonus Up To 500£ Welcome Package: Get 4 Bonuses. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 96%NetEnt, IGT, WMS, NextGen, Thunderkick
- 11100% Bonus Up To 1,000€ Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 96%NetEnt, Evolution Gaming, Amaya
- 12100% Bonus Up To 500€ Big Welcome Package. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 97%Playtech, BetSoft
- 13100% Bonus Up To 500£ £500 + Free Spins. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 97%Microgaming, NetEnt, Play'n GO, WMS, IGT
- 14200% Bonus Up To 200€ Free Spins & Free Cash. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 96%Playtech, BetSoft
- 15100% Bonus Up To 200$ Matched Bonus Up To 200. T & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 97%Microgaming
- 16100% Bonus Up To 1,500£ Huge Bonus! Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 97%Microgaming
- 17100% Bonus Up To 800£ Big Welcome Package. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 97%Microgaming
- 18100% Bonus Up To 600£ Three Matched Deposit Bonuses. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 97%Microgaming
- 19100% Bonus Up To 1,000£ Loyalty Bonuses Available. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 97%Microgaming, NetEnt, Amatic Industries
- 20100% Bonus Up To 100£ Free Spins And Matched Deposit. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 96%Microgaming
- 21100% Bonus Up To 350£ Free Spins, Matched Deposit. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 95%Play N'Go & NetEnt
- 22100% Bonus Up To 1,000€ T&Cs; Apply - 18+ Payout Ratio: 98.79%Microgaming
- 23100% Bonus Up To 500€ T&Cs; Apply - 18+ Payout Ratio: 98.54%Microgaming
- 24100% Bonus Up To 750€ T&Cs; Apply - 18+Microgaming
- 25100% Bonus Up To 300€ Free Spins And €300. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 96%Microgaming, NetEnt, BetSoft, Amatic Industries, Big Time Gamin
- 26100% Bonus Up To 300£ 100 Free Spins + £300. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 96%Microgaming, NetEnt, Nyx Interactive, Play'n GO
- 270% Bonus Up To 60€ Deposit And Get Free Spins. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 96%NetEnt
- 28100% Bonus Up To 500€ +50 Free Spins - T&Cs; Apply - 18+ Payout Ratio: 97%Microgaming, NetEnt
- 2950% Bonus Up To 1,000$ T&Cs; Apply - 18+ Payout Ratio: 97.9%Microgaming, NetEnt, Betsoft, Aristocrat
- 30100% Bonus Up To 100€ Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 96%Microgaming, NetEnt, Nyx Interactive
This variant is synonymous with the game, and whether you’re playing in a grand land-based casino or a small online casino, this is the game you will likely come across.
In this guide we’ll look at the basics of baccarat. We’ll tell you how to play this game, where to find the best versions of it, how to get the most out of it, and much more. This is everything you needed to know about online baccarat.
*Not a huge fan of real money Baccarat? Than see our quick links below for other casino games you might like:
There Are Great Online Baccarat Sites to Play for Cash
With so many sites to choose from, how will you know which one to choose? Well, hopefully we can lend a helping hand. We have compiled a list of the very best baccarat casinos, which you can find here.
How to Play Baccarat
Baccarat is a game of chance, and one that is played between the player and the banker, which is where the term “Punto Banco” comes from. Both the player and the dealer are dealt a hand of cards, and the role of the player is to bet on either his or her hand, or the dealer’s hand.
There is also a third betting option known as a “Tie”, where the player bets on an equal outcome from the two hands of cards.
To calculate the score, all cards are given a value of between 2 and 9, with many cards being worth 0. The total is calculated and the second digit is taken as the score. For example, if the hand consists of a 5 and a 6, to a total of 11, then the score will be 1, whereas if the hand consists of a 5 and a 9, to a total of 14, then the score will be 4.
This means that 0 is the lowest possible score and 9 is the highest.
Can I Get a Bonus Playing Baccarat?
Baccarat games are common in all online casinos, and as bonuses are prevalent in this industry, you should have no trouble finding a bonus to help you get the most out of this game.
There are many bonuses available, and which one is best for you will depend on a number of factors, including your budget. Low stake players, for instance, will be much better off with no-deposit bonuses, whereas all others should opt for matched deposit bonuses.
Free spin bonuses are no use if you want to play baccarat, and there are no bonuses out there that let you play a few hands of cards for free. To learn more about the best bonuses and where you can find them, read our Casino Bonuses guide.
Top 5 Tips for Playing Real Money Baccarat
This is as important playing baccarat as an amateur as it is playing poker or blackjack as a professional. Proper bankroll management is needed to ensure that you never bet more than you can afford to lose, and that you never top-up your account balance when you’re angry and when you can’t afford to cover the potential losses.
This is what stops a casual gambler from becoming a problem gambler, and it is what stops a problem gambler from losing everything they have.
Bet the Banker
The banker bet often returns a higher payout than the player bet, and there isn’t a great difference between the two and the odds of either of them winning.
All strategies differ, as does the advice on which bet you should play the most, but the majority tend to agree that you should lean more towards the banker bet than the player bet.
Know When to Quit
You should always know when it is time to quit, to call it a day. This applies whether you are losing a lot of money and making bigger bets and getting angrier, and it also applies if you are ahead and it seems like everything is going your way.
In games where it is possible to consistently beat the opponent, such as poker or blackjack, you should never quit when you’re ahead, but baccarat is a game of chance, and if you’re well ahead, then odds are a big slump is just around the corner.
Always make sure you pickup a bonus, because you’re missing out on something that is readily available, and something that can make a huge difference if you do not. We have already discussed the importance of getting a bonus in this guide, and it really is something that all players should be on the lookout for.
All casinos have them, and if you can’t find one, then there’s a good chance you’re not looking in the right place. If you visit a casino’s site directly then they won’t advertise one.
After all, bonuses are created to get you to the site, and if you’re already there then they have succeeded and don’t need to give away any free cash. Instead, look for affiliate links and promotional links.
Don’t Follow Systems
There is no easy way to beat baccarat, because it’s not a game that can be beaten. There are systems and strategies out there, of course, but only because people are always ready to buy into them.
Ignore them, and trust us when we say that no system works.
Pros of Online vs Offline Baccarat
If you’re not a particularly trusting person, then you’re better off with online baccarat, where it’s even more random and there is no way to alter the outcome of a hand.
Bonuses: Unless you’re a VIP, you won’t get a big bonus in an offline casino, but they are readily available in online casinos.
Let’s be honest, you can’t beat a game of cards in your own home, away from the hustle and bustle of the casino floor.
Cons of Online vs Offline Baccarat
There are higher stakes available in real money casinos, and if you like to bet big, you might feel restricted by online play, although the upper limits online are still much more than what many gamblers stake.
Experienced gamblers just can’t do without the feel of the real thing, and online gambling just doesn’t do it for those types.
What are the Best Cash Deposit and Withdrawal Options for Online Baccarat?
There are many deposit and withdraw options to choose from. The one that works best for you will be determined by a number of factors, including location, budget and how much you gamble. For instance, if you gamble frequently and you join a lot of sites, then you will probably be better off with PayPal, Skrill and other web wallets.
But only if you are based outside of the United States, because if you are based within the US, then you may be limited to wire transfers and similar methods.
To learn more about the other options available, and to discover which one works best for you, read our guide on deposits and withdrawals here.
Can I Play Baccarat for Real Money on my Mobile?
Most, if not all online casinos are available on mobile devices, simply because the mobile market is bigger than ever and it is still growing.
You shouldn’t have an issue finding a game of baccarat on your tablet or smartphone, and they work just as well as the desktop versions.
For more information about casino games on mobile phones view our online guide
Is Baccarat Random?
During an online game of baccarat, a random number generator is used to determine the outcome of every hand. This eliminates human error, which would otherwise play a role in the outcome, and it also means that an online game of baccarat can not be manipulated.
A random number generator is basically an algorithm that runs a calculation every time it is triggered. This calculation is what determines the outcome of every hand.
There is no way this can be manipulated, either by the casino or the player, which means that baccarat is even more random online than it is offline.
What is the Best Baccarat Strategy?
As we have already mentioned, there is no way to beat this game. Still, that doesn’t mean that you can’t improve your odds slightly and that you can’t limit your mistakes. Look to our tips above for some guidance on improving your chances, and play the game for free a few times if you’re new to it.
That way you can become accustomed to the rules and the betting options, which in turn will reduce the errors you make in the future.
Can Baccarat be Beaten?
With Lady Luck perched firmly on your shoulder, sure. But if your luck is out, then be prepared to suffer some losses. A lot of players won’t want to hear it, as they like to think that they can beat everything and that there is always an easy way out, but with baccarat that is simply not the case.
Can I Play Baccarat Online in the US?
Gambling online in the US is not as easy as it is elsewhere, that much is obvious. However, it’s still widely available thanks to a number of loopholes.
No online casinos are allowed to operate within the US and to appeal to players across the US. But casinos can operate outside of the country and appeal to players inside of it, and there are many that do this in Central American countries such as Panama.
These casinos abide by the laws of the country in which they reside. They are just as tightly audited and regulated as other online casinos, but thanks to a loophole, US players can sign up.
The only major difference between these casinos and ones that are based in Europe, is that the banking options they offer are very limited. In fact, you won’t find a casino that lets US players join and also accepts web wallets and debit cards, but as long as you don’t mind occasional wire transfers, money transfers and e-checks, then you will be okay.
You should always check your local laws before signing up to an online casino, or any other gambling site.
What is the Best Baccarat Software?
Playtech has some great games of baccarat, and you can also find good games on RTG and Microgaming. Most software developers have created games of baccarat though, so wherever you are, you should be okay. Baccarat tends not to have as many variants as other card games and table games, and although there are a number of versions to the game of baccarat, you won’t find these on most online casinos.
Punta Banco is the game of choice, and even when there are several games of baccarat available, they all tend to be alternative versions of Punto Banco.
Where are the Best Places to Play Baccarat Online and actually earn money?
For the best Play tech casinos and the best baccarat games, checkout our list of recommended casinos reviews. We have thoroughly reviewed the best and the worst casinos out there, sorting the wheat from the chaff to ensure that only the very best casinos are on display.
Baccarat is a very fun and incredibly simple game. It can not be beaten with a simple strategy or system, and it’s 100% a game of chance. However, you shouldn’t let that change you way you look at this game.
In fact, baccarat is popular amongst poker professionals, people who make their money from beating card games. Phil Ivey, a legend in the poker world, was once reported to have won tens of millions of dollars playing baccarat in a London card room.
There is a reason this game has existed for so long, a reason it is a mainstay in online and offline casinos, and a reason it continues to be one of the most popular games worldwide.