Mac users are no longer as restricted as they once were when it comes to online gambling. There are plenty of real money Mac casinos out there, and we’ll discuss those casinos and that topic in this guide.
The Best Online Casinos for Mac
1100% Bonus Up To 5BTC Welcome Package! T&Cs; Apply - 18+ Payout Ratio: 97.6%Microgaming, NetEnt, Evolution Gaming, BetSoft, Play'n GO & Man
2100% Bonus Up To 1,000£ T&Cs; Apply - 18+Microgaming
3100% Bonus Up To 500€ T&Cs; Apply - 18+ Payout Ratio: 97.82%Microgaming
4100% Bonus Up To 250£ T&Cs; Apply - 18+ Payout Ratio: 97.76%Microgaming, NetEnt
5100% Bonus Up To 1,000€ Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 97.12%NetEnt, Evolution Gaming, Amaya
6100% Bonus Up To 800£ Big Welcome Package. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 98.12%Microgaming
7100% Bonus Up To 600£ Three Matched Deposit Bonuses. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 97.29%Microgaming
8100% Bonus Up To 1,000£ Free Cash & 200 Spins. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 97.88%Microgaming, NetEnt, Evolution Gaming
9100% Bonus Up To 200£ Matched Deposit Bonus + Free Spins. Ts & Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 96.98%Microgaming, NetEnt, Nyx Interactive, Play'n GO, Quickspin
10100% Bonus Up To 1,000$ +50 Free Spins And Free Cash. Ts And Cs Apply. Payout Ratio: 97.23%Microgaming, NetEnt, Evolution Gaming
Mac Online Casinos: What Do You Need to Know?
The main thing to keep in mind with Mac online casinos is that they do exist, contrary to what many players seem to think. The problem is, for many years they did not exist, and this warped people’s opinion of them. You either had to have a Windows PC, or you had to stick with “fun play” casinos that weren’t very good.
These days that’s not the case. The advent of the iPhone and the iPad, and the rush that created for Apple products, helped to change the industry. For years now there have been more mobile users than users of the Windows desktop. And when the switch was made to cater for mobile users, they also catered for those who use other platforms.
And thus, online casinos for Mac were born. The question is, are these worth your time; are they as good as the Windows versions?
What are the Advantages to Mac Casinos?
- Speed: Mac casinos tend to be more fluent, purely because Mac computers tend to be better and quicker.
- Safer: While the Mac casinos themselves are just as safe as any other casino, the Mac is much safer than a Windows machine. As a result, there are few concerns that your activity is being monitored by hackers or manipulated by malware.
- Bonuses: There are often just as many bonuses available. However, because this is still a minority, casinos want to justify that compatibility by getting more Mac users on board. So, they create more bonuses; they offer that little bit extra if you use a Mac, an iPad or a iPhone to deposit and play. These used to be more common than they are now, but a few of them still exist.
- Variety:Although most casinos are Mac compatible, that doesn’t apply to all of them. There are still a few casinos that linger behind, often because they require a download or because they use some complicated proprietary software.
- Choice:All casinos have extra real money gambling areas for their players, whether they be poker rooms or bingo rooms. Many of these need to be downloaded. And as a result, Mac users suffer. There is one site (that shall not be named) that is considered to be one of the biggest in the world. It’s Mac friendly throughout, but it has a poker room that only works with Windows computers.
Mac Offers Great Options for Gambling Online
When searching for the best Mac casinos, the first thing you should do is focus on the software. Not all developers have created compatible software, but the major ones have. You can play on everything from Microgaming to Playtech and Net Ent if you have a Mac. But if you venture away from the big names, your options may be a little limited.
However, when you consider that they have the best games, the best payouts and are the safest around, why would you want to venture away fro the big names? Our personal favorites are Playtech and Net Ent. But they all have their own benefits.
Microgaming has unbeatable progressive slots; BetSoft has stunning graphics; IGT has some unique layouts. Don’t rush to choose one of them and don’t assume that one is better than the others. If you stick with the big developers then they all have their benefits.
Downloadable Online Casinos for Mac
Compatible Casino Software
As mentioned above, most of the big developers provide compatible software, and none of this needs to be downloaded. In fact, downloads and Macs don’t work well together in this industry. A good sign of software that will likely not work, is if you need to download it first.
However, this is also a good sign of a bad casinos. It’s just to necessary in this day and age, so it’s to be avoided at all costs.
Mac Online Casinos Bonuses
- No Deposit Bonuses: As the name implies, these allow you to play with free cash, even before you make a deposit. If the Mac casino in question is big, then it will be a case of just “sign-up, unlock bonus, play”. However, the smaller casinos will require you to show proof that you will continue to play. This can come in the form of inputting your credit card details or meeting certain requirements. Always read the small print where these bonuses are concerned.
- Matched Deposit Bonuses: These are the most common bonuses and they can be found on all online casinos, not just Mac compatible online casinos. Simply put, you make a deposit and they give you an amount of free cash that either doubles or triples it. Some of them will also only pay an extra 50%. As a result, it’s important to read the small print here as well.
- Loyalty Programs: These are our favorite promotions and they are also a favorite of all grinders and high rollers. Simply put, whereas the bonus mentioned above will reward you for signing up and playing your first games, these bonuses will reward you for sticking around. They differ in size and generosity. But typically, you earn points by playing and then use these to unlock prizes. Simple, but effective. Always seek these bonuses out and always look to get the most out of them.
- Other Bonuses: There are many other bonuses as well, most of which are paid out when you sign-up, when you make a deposit or when you complete a certain requirement. You can earn free cash by using your mobile device for the first time; by using a certain payment method for the first time; by playing a certain game for the first time; and much more. You will need to click onto the casino’s promotions page to see these for yourself as they all differ. Don’t expect a lot of free cash and expect to have to work hard for whatever you’re given. Remember that casinos aren’t in the business of giving free cash away for nothing. There is always a reason and you should look for this reason before you do anything.
Mac Casino Players FAQ
Still have some questions about online casinos for Mac, mobile casinos or Tablet casinos? Read on for a full list of frequently asked questions.
Are Mac Casinos Safe?
Mac Online Casinos are just as safe as ones that rely on the Windows OS or any other OS.They all adhere to strict regulations and they all closely follow legal guidelines. As a result, your money is completely safe, as is your privacy.
Are Macs Better Than PCs for Online Gambling?
There is no yes or no answer. Mac online casinos are roughly in line with their Windows counterparts. It is true that there are fewer viruses and spyware for Mac, which would be an advantage if you are downloading the software. But this days no casinos, Mac compatible casinos included, are downloaded.
How Do I stay Secure?
You can stay secure by making sure you only play at the top casinos and that you make sure your payment methods are secure. You should also make sure you check that each site you use comes with a security certificate, is audited and is regulated by an official regulator.
You should also make sure that your Mac is safe. But by this, we don’t mean that you should download anti-virus programs like you would on a Windows machine. The only thing you need to do is make sure your OS is updated and that you don’t keep clicking the “Remind me Later” button when the warning pops up.
Those updates are there are a reason, and most of them contain vital security fixes. Such was the case in 2016, when a massive backdoor was spotted in the browser, only to be immediately patched via an update. Stay on top of those updates, and you’ll stay safe.
Can Mac Online Casinos be Beaten?
All casinos can be beaten, and online casinos for Mac are no exception to this rule. Mac online casinos use many of the same games, and those games use the same Random Number Generators.
These games are fair, and they are programmed to win over the long-haul. Each of them has its own Payout Percentage, and the higher this is, the more it will pay out. It’s important to remember that the house always wins. But that this doesn’t mean you will lose every game. It means that if 49 out of 100 players win, then 51 will lose and the house will turn a profit.
So yes, they can be beaten. You just need to know what you’re doing and you need to be careful with the games you choose. For instance, you stand a better chance at beating real money blackjack games than you do at beating real money roulette games or slots.
What’s the Best Mac for Online Casinos?
It’s all a matter of preference. You might own a Samsung device, and therefore be looking for some compatible Android casinos You may have a preference for web wallets, in which case you could be focusing on PayPal casinos.
It’s all down to you, to your tastes, your skills and the things that you have at your disposal. But it’s important to note that not all casinos out there are Mac compatible casinos.
Do I Need to Download Anything?
Most Mac online casinos work direct through your browser. In fact, most casinos in general work this way. There was a time when this was not the case, a time when all casino software had to be downloaded.
But this only worked with the Windows operating system, it created a security risk, it frustrated players and it meant that Mac owners were left out. This changed a few years ago when browsers became better, iPhone casinos became the norm and everyone realized that a change was taking place.
These days, all casinos can be played through your browser, including all online casinos for Mac.
Should I Use Safari or Another Browser?
You can use any browser that you want. Safari is the default browser for Mac, and for the most part it’s okay. But there are better alternatives. There have been some security issues with this browser in the past, and many experts have recommended alternatives. These are easy to download though, and they are also free.
Some of the browsers you should look into downloading include Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Both of these are fast, safe and reliable, and they both work perfectly with the Mac and with Mac online casinos.
Can IPlay Real Money Casino Games with my Mac?
Unlike some mobile casinos online, that make it difficult to play for real money (most notably because of Androids refusal to allow real money gambling apps in the app store) you can gamble freely on your Mac. The only restrictions are your locations. If gambling is illegal in your country, then you will encounter a few roadblocks. If not, then you’re free to gamble on as many Mac online casinos as you want.
What are my Payment Options when Using Mac for Casinos?
There are just as many payment options as there are for other operating systems. You can use all kinds of web wallets, credit cards, debit cards and more. Just check with the “banking options” page on your chosen casino.
There is no shortage of Mac online casinos out there and these are just as safe, just as fair and just as easily beaten as all other casinos. So, if you own a Mac and want to try you hand at some real money gambling, then try these for yourself. If you need anymore info on certain games or certain casinos, then be sure to make a look around our site.