There are countless games out there that offer “fun” play casino games. But the whole point of these games is to actually gamble, and when you take that element out what you’re left with is pretty pointless and dull.
Luckily, the real money gambling industry is huge as well and it’s getting bigger and bigger every year. There are countless real money gambling games for you to play and if you know what you’re doing you can make a pretty penny playing these games.
In this guide we’ll teach you the basics to help you along, pointing you toward the best sites, the best games and the best banking options, among other things.
Why Play Online Casino Games for Real Money?
Online gambling is often seen as a vice. A way of killing a few hours and losing a lot of money in the process. But it doesn’t need to be that way.
There are countless professional gamblers out there that make a lot of money gambling online, playing everything from poker to blackjack and even many luck-based games. These players have made online gambling their careers, and if you adopt a similar approach, learning the right strategies, playing the right games and working hard, then you can as well.
Of course, these games are also great fun, and the prospect of being able to win a life changing sum in just the spin of a slot or the turn of a card is a huge attraction.
The Best Real Money Online Casino Slot Games
Slots are all luck based and there is no way to beat them consistently. However, if you chose the right games and play smart then you can limit your losses and increase your chances of getting a return.
Some of the best slots for winning big include:
- Mega Moolah: This game has the largest progressive jackpot of any real money online slot. It has a seed amount of $1 million and a jackpot that regularly climbs above $10 million. The record amount for this game is over $20 million!
- Rainbow Riches: This is one of the most popular slots around, one that you can find in countless online and offline casinos. It was one of the first major bonus slots and it still remains one of the very best.
- Avalon II: Although the first Avalon doesn’t stand up to much in the modern era, it used to be huge, and Avalon II is just as big and just as impressive today. It takes you on a quest for the Holy Grail, one that involves countless bonus rounds.
The Best Real Money Online Casino Table Games
Table games can also be luck-based, with games such as craps and roulette being considerably more beneficial to the casino than the player. However, there are table games that can be beaten, table games that all professional gamblers should look to learn and master.
Some of our favorite real money online table games include:
- Double Exposure Blackjack: This is a Microgaming variant of the world’s most popular card game. It has a low house edge, which means your odds of winning are high. If you use Basic Blackjack Strategy it’s very easy to turn a profit.
- Three-Card Poker: This variant of poker is played against the casino. Just like Hold’em, Omaha and other community games of poker you can win a lot of money if you know what you’re doing. The rules of this game are a little different to the aforementioned titles, but it’s still fairly easy to learn.
- Red Dog: This game used to be a common feature in offline casinos around the world, especially in Las Vegas. It disappeared in the late 80s and early 90s, only to reappear on real money online casinos a couple decades later. Today you can find Red Dog games on Microgaming and Playtech. It’s very easy to pickup and play and it’s also great fun.
Other Great Online Casino Games
Real money online casinos have hundreds of games for you to choose from, and as well as online slot machines and table games you can also find the following games on most casinos:
- Bingo: A simple numbers game, bingo has taken on a life of it’s own thanks to online gambling. It is bigger than ever, with real money bingo sites cropping up everywhere. These sites are communities as well as casinos—a great place to play, win and have fun with friends.
- Virtual Scratch Cards: Scratch cards are pretty simple, but online scratch cards have taken this simple concept to a new level. They are actually closer to bonus slots than traditional scratch cards and offer a wealth of features for the modern gambler.
- Live Dealer: These games simulate the experience of being in a real casino. The dealer, table and equipment is real, but the bets are all virtual. These games are a cross between real money offline gambling and real money online gambling.
Real Money Online Casino Games to Avoid
If you want to avoid the games that have a huge house edge and therefore a low chance of winning, then stay away from the following:
- European Blackjack: Also known as “Pontoon”, these games don’t offer much for the player and are all geared towards pumping money into the casino’s coffers. The same goes for games of Spanish 21, which have a house edge that is even higher than games of Pontoon.
- American Roulette: Roulette isn’t all bad. If it follows traditional rules then it’s fine. For these games you need to look out for French Roulette or even European Roulette. However, American Roulette has more green spaces and poorer odds, which increases the house edge.
- Sic Bo: Some variants of this game are great, but others, while fun, just don’t offer very good odds. Such is the case with the Microgaming title Crown & Anchor. This is a well made title, but it has a terrible house edge.
The Best Casino Game Developers
The two biggest developers are Microgaming and Playtech. They are two of the oldest and they also have some of the biggest collections of real money casino games.
Other casino developers with a log list of quality games include:
- Net Ent: Responsible for slots like Guns ’n’ Roses, South Park and many other classics, Net Ent are one of the most exciting developers on the market.
- BetSoft: Just like Net Ent, BetSoft are known for producing beautiful games that are unlike anything else on the market. Their 3D titles are simply breathtaking.
- IGT: Perhaps best known for their offline slots, IGT have also created a wealth of online games including the Family Guy bonus slot. Based on the animated comedy series, this is one of their best and most popular titles.
- SG: Scientific Gaming are not as well known, but the brands WMS and Barcrest are, and these are both owned by SG. They have been responsible for games like Rainbow Riches and Ruby Slippers.
Getting Bonuses Playing Online Casino Games
There are a number of bonuses available on real money online casinos. Most of these are available to new members online, including matched deposit bonuses, no deposit bonuses and more.
However, there are also loyalty bonuses available on the better casinos. These include loyalty schemes that give you points for every game that you play and allow you to convert these points into cash, gaming tickets, prizes and more.
Banking Options for Online Casino Games
The main concern for many players seeking to gamble online is how they are going to get money into their gambling accounts. But this is fairly easy and there are countless methods at your disposal to help with this.
You can use web wallets like PayPal, Skrill and Neteller; credit cards and debit cards like MasterCard and American Express; wire transfers and bank transfers; and much more.
Still have a few questions about real money online casino games? This list of frequently asked questions should be able to help.
Which Games Can I Play on my Android?
There are no real money gambling games available on the Google Play Store. This means that you can’t download the mobile app directly through the official source. You can download it directly from the website though and you can also simply play through your mobile browser.
In fact, playing directly through the browser is often the best way. It’s quicker, it’s easier, it’s just as safe and you don’t need to download any software in advance.
Which Games Can I Play on my Apple?
Most real money gambling games are also compatible with Apple. In this case there are no restrictions on the App Store and you can find an assortment of real money gambling games there.
However, as with Android games the best way to play these games is straight through your web browser. You may prefer to download Chrome as opposed to playing through Safari though. It is a lot more compatible with most of the major casino software on the market.
Which Games Can I Play on my Windows Device?
Windows devices don’t always enjoy the same level of compatibility as Android and Apple devices. Online casino games are no exception to that rule.
However, you can still play these games on your Windows device. You just need to make sure that you stick with the bigger casino software developers, such as Microgaming and Playtech. These developers try to cater for as many players as they can and you shouldn’t have an issue getting their games to work regardless of the platform you use.
You may also be able to play Net Ent games, but you may struggle with other developers.
What Should I Look Out For?
When playing with real money there are a few things you need to keep an eye out for, making sure that your money is safe. First, you should make sure that the site in question is regulated.
You should be able to see who they are regulated by at the bottom of the main page. Just make sure that you check on the regulator site to confirm their membership, as scam sites also claim such membership.
You should also Google the site in question. If they are legit then there will be countless reviews of them online, all of which will tell you how good they are, how safe they are and how fair they are.
Just remember that most gamblers only leave reviews when they have something bad to say and that many will blame the casino when they lose, so there will be a lot of bad reviews and most of these can be ignored.
Are All Online Casino Games Safe?
A regulated casino will use the latest in encryption technology to ensure that your money is safe. You should be able to see the encryption details for yourself on the casino’s FAQ. Another way to check is to look for the padlock symbol on your URL bar and click on it. This will show details of the security certificate.
If you’re playing with your mobile device then you should make sure your device has a passcode or other failsafe. That way, if you ever lose your device no one will have access to your gambling accounts.
Are All Online Casino Games Fair?
If the online casino is regulated and abides by the rules of that regulator, then they should be fair. That’s because all regulated sites are required to perform a full independent audit of their games and their services.
This audit will confirm that the games on offer actually provide the RTP and house edge that they claim to offer. They will also confirm that their services are safe, and that their banking options are verified.
Most audits are performed by a company known as eCogra, and you can read the full audit report yourself as it should be shown on the casino’s website.
So, now you know the basics you’re ready to take a giant leap into the world of online gambling and test your luck against the biggest real money gambling sites. Just find your game, choose your strategy and then start working you way toward your fortune!